Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1423

Thread: Sword Art Online

  1. #1
    It wasn't much Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,833
    Blog Entries
    3

    Sword Art Online


    Alternative Title: ソードアート・オンライン

    Type: TV
    Episodes: 24?
    Source: Light Novel
    Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Genco
    Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance

    Synopsis: The only way to escape is to 'clear' the game. Death in game means actual 'death'

    The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game 'Sword Art Online' using their Nerve Gear have been forced into this perilous death game and are trapped inside.

    Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this 'truth' amd plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game; 'Aincrad'.

    To meet the conditions of clearing the game and leaving this twisted virtual world, he must get through all 100 floors. Will Kirito have what it takes to clear the game, or will he die trying?

    Resources: ANN | AniDB | MyAnimeList

    ---

    [Horrible subs] - 1080p | 720p | 480p
    Last edited by Archangel; Sat, 07-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Yorha Unit- shinta|hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dystopia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,608
    Blog Entries
    1
    That was orgasmic. They are doing a fantastic job in adapting this with all the necessary details included, even without narration.

    Spunky.

  3. #3
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,285
    I don't know what the intentions of the Game Master is (unless he's telling the truth), but this is the best way to teach someone about the value of the real world.

    As the saying goes, "The best way to teach your child about money is to have none."

    I hope Klein doesn't die, but that only makes him the perfect candidate for a death that will piss everybody off.

    I wonder if you can have virtual babies in this game. Or how your body gets nutrition during the one month that you're lying on your bed getting bed sores....

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  4. #4
    Yorha Unit- shinta|hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dystopia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,608
    Blog Entries
    1
    I like how they kept most of the grim and dark elements from the novel. I hope this level of quality lasts until the last episode.

    I knew it would happen, but I still LOLed at the faking couple after the mirror activation.

    Spunky.

  5. #5
    Klein has a Bernadotte-san side to him - I hope he'll come back as a badass leader in a pinch situation for the hero

  6. #6
    The only way for you to live any long period of time is for the people in the real world to move you to a hospital and hook you up to machines. In the novels, they mention that while you can't remove the NervGear, you can lose your internet connection for up to 2 hours or so before the helmet fries your brain. During the time when you're disconnected, NervGear is probably still intercepting signals to your body, but you're probably unconscious.
    I imagine they wait until nighttime to disconnect you and move your body to a hospital, in the hopes that you're not in the middle of a battle in-game.

  7. #7
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,733
    Electronics are much more sensitive to microwaves than living tissue, so all one would need is a big enough microwave oven to fry the NerveGear, although it can't be so complicated a skilled technician/engineer couldn't disable it even without such drastic methods. But then again, that's hardly the point of this show, so I'll forgive such an unrealistic detail in the setting.

    In reality 99%, at least, of the limited 10000 first participants would be guys, right? That's another exception from reality I will forgive more than happily.

    I'm looking forward to some characters who'd actually enjoy this current state of affairs, regardless of their disposition otherwise. It's given there would be people who would actually enjoy slaying fellow players if PvP is possible. In fact Kirito's deep and sensible grasp of the situation could develop into enjoyment once he really gets into it.

  8. #8
    First episode was a bit uneven, but promising start with high production values. Will certainly keep watching.

  9. #9
    Nanomachines, son. Xelbair's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland, Gdansk
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by shinta|hikari View Post
    That was orgasmic. They are doing a fantastic job in adapting this with all the necessary details included, even without narration.
    Indeed, if they will keep it up it will be godly.
    I'm wondering if they will use chronological order or go with vol1 fully -> side stuff afterwards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I don't know what the intentions of the Game Master is (unless he's telling the truth), but this is the best way to teach someone about the value of the real world.

    As the saying goes, "The best way to teach your child about money is to have none."

    I hope Klein doesn't die, but that only makes him the perfect candidate for a death that will piss everybody off.

    I wonder if you can have virtual babies in this game. Or how your body gets nutrition during the one month that you're lying on your bed getting bed sores....
    There is a reason behind all of this, sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Electronics are much more sensitive to microwaves than living tissue, so all one would need is a big enough microwave oven to fry the NerveGear, although it can't be so complicated a skilled technician/engineer couldn't disable it even without such drastic methods. But then again, that's hardly the point of this show, so I'll forgive such an unrealistic detail in the setting.

    In reality 99%, at least, of the limited 10000 first participants would be guys, right? That's another exception from reality I will forgive more than happily.

    I'm looking forward to some characters who'd actually enjoy this current state of affairs, regardless of their disposition otherwise. It's given there would be people who would actually enjoy slaying fellow players if PvP is possible. In fact Kirito's deep and sensible grasp of the situation could develop into enjoyment once he really gets into it.
    in novel most of players were male. Girls were really rare.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

  10. #10
    Photoshop Hero Alhuin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Planeptune
    Age
    31
    Posts
    997
    It's been a few seasons since I've decided to keep up with an anime, but I'm coming out of the shadows for this one.

    I don't really have much to say about the first episode, besides that I enjoy the dark nature of it. And I can't decide if I like the main character's normal look or virtual look better.

    Gotwoot is subbing this one, by the way. In a joint with UTW. Much better than HorribleSubs.

    UTWoots - Sword Art Online 01

    It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

  11. #11
    Procacious Polymath Ryllharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    American Empire
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,589
    I can tell it is going to be difficult to be able to enjoy this series. Due to the translated novel's popularity there are detailed spoilers (mostly character bios) all over the place. I hadn't even gotten around to watching the first episode before it happened. They're just thrown out there casually.



    It's got promise though, and I like that it is supposedly in the same setting as Accel World. Interesting what a difference 24 years makes (Sword Art in 2022 and Accel World in 2046). You'd think that after something like this, they'd be incredibly strict in regards to people (and particularly the youth) getting their consciousness sent into VR worlds at all.

    I take it that the Neuro-Linker has substantially higher safeguards over the NerveGear.

  12. #12
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    I can tell it is going to be difficult to be able to enjoy this series. Due to the translated novel's popularity there are detailed spoilers (mostly character bios) all over the place. I hadn't even gotten around to watching the first episode before it happened. They're just thrown out there casually.
    Where were you prowling? I'll know not to go there.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  13. #13
    Procacious Polymath Ryllharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    American Empire
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Where were you prowling? I'll know not to go there.
    AniDB was where I got spoiled, and I imagine any comments on sites like RandomC or similar are going to be loaded with them.

    This happens every time with popular light novel series that are on Baka-Tsuki.

  14. #14
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,733
    Episode 2 - HS




    - - - - - - -




    I was kind of worried for a long while during this ep about Kirito looking kind of emo, so worried he seemed scared, and too weak. I guess he wasn't too weak in the end, only the last boss was helluva strong, but I was incredibly happy when he made his little speech with the theatrics, donned the coat, and left with the lone wolf attitude. Actually that attitude was so funny and promising that I almost wish Asuna doesn't stick around.

  15. #15
    Procacious Polymath Ryllharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    American Empire
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,589
    Ugh, the Engrish.

    There's only two things that "beater" should ever apply to:
    One is someone who is...one-eye snake charming. Two is someone who runs into bushes to flush out game for hunters. I'm hoping that Kirito somewhat ends up being the latter. I expect he won't be teaming much after the word gets out, except for Boss battles. But he could at least run around all sneaky and help out other players while they are leveling on a floor.

    I guess the other direction they could be going is that he's the one who will beat the game ultimately, so he's a "beater" of challenges.

    Still super awkward.

    From Asuna's speech about not wanting to just be sitting around in the first town, I take it most of the other actually female players stay out of danger the majority of the time. Maybe they spend most of the time playing as Smiths or Merchants like Ragnarok Online or something. There's no magic, but there are tons of skills. I assume that means not only combat-oriented ones.

  16. #16
    It wasn't much Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,833
    Blog Entries
    3
    I don't think it actually means anything, Kirito just used the name to distinguish between beta testing noobs and beta testing assholes. He made himself out to be the asshole for the the well being of the entire game, batman style.

    The lack of details bothers me, i wish i had a guidebook to how the game worked. Xelbair will have to do for now.

  17. #17
    The Dark Dragon. Dark Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    A Cave
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,392
    I'm also reading the novels, up to volume 7.

    If you guys have any general question about game mechanics, just PM me. I don't really post since it's hard to discuss a lot of things without minor spoilers.

  18. #18
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    I expect he won't be teaming much after the word gets out, except for Boss battles.
    I expect Asuna to be right back by his side next episode (if not that, then soon). Lone wolf needs quality company.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  19. #19
    Asuna came across as being a little strange to me. She seems to be an absolute noob who does not even know about your name being on your life bar, Its like she has never played an MMO before. Yet she has some sick moves that even impresses Kirito. This makes her look like a verteran. So is she super talented? Or is she hiding something, like being a beta as well?

  20. #20
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,285
    Quote Originally Posted by miyama_ryu View Post
    Asuna came across as being a little strange to me. She seems to be an absolute noob who does not even know about your name being on your life bar, Its like she has never played an MMO before. Yet she has some sick moves that even impresses Kirito. This makes her look like a verteran. So is she super talented? Or is she hiding something, like being a beta as well?
    Or fencing girl playing an MMORPG for the first time?

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •